writing jobs

Saturday 12 March 2016

Yaw Siki Rejects Sonnie Badu’s Financial support


Former Hiplife artiste, Yaw Siki, may be in need but he has politely turned down an offer made by UK-based Ghanaian gospel musician, Sonnie Badu, to assist him financially. The singer said his rejection of Sonnie Badu’s offer was due to
the fact that Sonnie Badu chose to make his kind gesture public rather than contact him privately. Sonnie badu Backing his decision with scriptures, Yaw Siki told Graphic Showbiz and on Daybreak Hitz in an interview that it was dishonourable for people to make their good deeds known to others just for human praise. Yaw Siki said I love my senior brother Sonnie Badu and I respect him so much and what he did is an act of righteousness but Matthew 6:1-4 says ‘Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven, so when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honoured by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you”, based on this word Jesus is against us doing charitable deeds and blowing our trumpet before us for self-glorification so I am not able to take the offer “That isn’t to say that I don’t appreciate it but of what good is a blessing when you make your good deeds public for human praise. If he truly wanted to assist, he could have contacted me first without making it public. I’m not in support of that because my Christian beliefs are against that so upon careful consideration, I had to turn down the offer,” he said. Yaw Siki, whose real name is Isaac Okai, is now an evangelist, and makes a living from offerings he receives after preaching in commercial buses and other places in the Tema Metropolis, as well as support from his family.



 The young rapper gave his life to Christ after he escaped a near fatal accident on the Tema Motorway in 2013, a divine escape he attributes to the work of God who gave him a second chance to live and to use him as an instrument of His salvation. yaw siki accident “What I am doing now isn’t new to me at all. I was born and raised as a Christian with strict Christian values but I made the material things of this world more important to me than my salvation. I must say that I was lost but like the prodigal son, I’m back home now because God has given me a second chance,” he told Showbiz. Yaw Siki, who first shot to fame in 2011, was noted for his risqué lyrics, a period the evangelist described as “the dark moments” of his life. From his high-flying days as a secular musician during which time he enjoyed a huge following, Yaw Siki lives a relatively lonely life with fewer followers since becoming a born-again Christian, admitting he knows his new lifestyle would not appeal to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment