writing jobs

Saturday 12 March 2016

Thief Arrested By The Holy Spirit


Let Your Light Shine (Matthew 5:16) About 10:30 a.m. yesterday in town, Kwame Nkrumah Circle to be precise, I was robbed of GHC750 cedis. It really didn’t perturb me. I started commanding the arrest of the criminal in the
name of Jesus as I was walking and praying undertone in tongues. After about 15mins, I stopped at a spot to buy water to drink. Then I sensed in my spirit to go over to the bridge. Upon getting there, I saw one guy whose side view looked like the thief. By wisdom I waited patiently to confirm his identity as I was on the phone with a friend trying to get a police friend’s contact who happened to be stationed at the Police Station at Circle.
        I discovered that wasn’t the thief but a minute after, the thief himself walked right passed in front of me. I identified him and slowly and carefully walked behind him. Surprisingly, he walked to the same place where I stopped earlier to pray and to get the water to drink. At the same time a military officer walked out towards my direction in that same spot I had stopped and pray. I approached the military officer and reported the case to him. He called the guy back and having no idea what was in stock for him, he obliged, I realized then that the thief hadn’t recognized me yet. He was immediately arrested and taken to the police station. Surprisingly, the money was reduced by GH150 cedis so he asked for my pardon to go get the rest of the money.
     After an hour and a half he came back not having gotten the money. When he came back, he pleaded for one of his devices which happened to be fake and had earlier on been confiscated to be returned which he could quickly sell to reimburse me. Before leaving, he made these statements, “my prayer indeed is powerful. For he had no idea where he was going to. It was as if a “Spirit” was leading him. And there he was, right in the company of a military officer and I to arrest him. Quietly I said, ‘thank You Holy Spirit’. I’m not saying these to boast but to let you know that we serve a living God. The question is, “where do you first consult for help when confronted with a situation?”.
      All who were there were amazed at the words he spoke. For they were in total about 30 people, including the Police officers at the police station. They began to call me, “Nyame nipa” (man of God). After an hour and half, he returned with the money which was short GH10cedis. I took it and in addition, the Lord made room for me to bless him financially. He was astonished.
      I took his number and he told me he’s looking forward to my call. For he made these statements, “Why did I even decide to come to town? If I had stayed at home all these wouldn’t have befallen him. For had no clue as to how he was led right to my direction. Maybe God wants him to change and that he would try to change”…. For the word of the Lord says in Matthew 5:16 – “let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify your Father which art in heaven”. The question then is, “is your life truly reflecting the nature of God in you? Such that when the unbelieving brother sees you he or she would want to know the God that you serve and also serve Him to walk righteous before Him?” In the beginning of creation when man was created, God made him in His exact perfect nature. Such that, when Adam named the animals, God never questioned, because he spoke with the authority of God Himself. But when Adam and Eve sinned, they broke the path of that perfect nature. But when Christ, being the second Adam came, He died, resurrected and ascended triumphantly into heaven and sent down the Holy Spirit to live in us and that perfect nature is restored again.
             Are you living that nature out in your walk with men. Think about it. For some of us, the only Bible that the unbelieving brother would ever read is our lives. Are you then walking that chapter and verse out in the sight of God, pleasing and glorifying Him? It’s time to put away the pride, arrogance, indifference, ingratitude, lies and the likes and pray for grace that you’ll walk the nature of Christ in you. Remember Matthew 5:44 KJV “But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;” Good day and God bless you. May your day be fruitful and filled with the fragrance of the knowledge of God even by Christ Jesus through the Holy Spirit. Bro. John R.

No comments:

Post a Comment