writing jobs

Thursday 4 February 2016

High life music legend Amakye Dede discloses total amount he spent on manager's funeral


Amakye Dede has disclosed the amount he spent on the final funeral rites of his manager, Isaac Yeboah. Thee high life legend was involved in a terrible accident on New Year’s Day which resulted in the death of his manager.The duo were
on their way to perform a show at Paradise, a popular spot in the eastern region of Ghana where the unfortunate incident occured.

 Speaking on Peace FM’s Entertainment Review on Thursday, Abrantie Amakye Dede said he spent almost GH 50,000 on the funeral. “What I remember on paper is GH¢ 49,296; the donation summed up to GH¢ 31,530. After the funeral, I sold my car which was involved in the accident and added GH¢ 20,000 from the donations to the proceeds from the sale of the car in order to set up a fund for the two children Isaac left behind,” he stated. Amakye Dede added that the rest of the money was given to Isaac Yeboah’s mother and the family. “I also asked that they give his mother GH¢ 10,000 and the remaining GH¢ 1,500 was given to the family for transportation back to their homes. The amount I spent on the funeral was my way of giving my manager a befitting burial. I’m not taking it from anybody. It was my way of showing respect to my former manager,” he said.

The final funeral rites of Isaac Yeboah came off on Saturday, January 30 at Abrantie Spot, Lapaz. The ceremony was attended by musicians, political figures, executives and members of Ghana Music Right Owners (GHAMRO) and Musicians Union of Ghana (MUSIGA), family and friends of the deceased.

No comments:

Post a Comment